Heim Joints from full flight replacement

Just wondering if I could get some ball joints or even heim joints like the one's on my full flight a arms from a local parts store. (autozone...).   I don't like the heim joint particularly due to the elements getting into the joint bc they are not sealed. 

Have any of you replaced yours with something different, or do I need to just buy them from full flight.

thanks in advance.

Poor design on those arms... The exposed heims are a terrible idea for any bike that is not strictly an asphalt drag bike...  I looked at those when I was buying a-arms and I passed as soon as I saw the exposed heims... I opted for the Alba Pro-Elite gullwing arms.. You're kind of stuck with that set-up unless you switch to different arms...

. The exposed heims are a terrible idea for any bike that is not strictly an asphalt drag bike... .

Not entirely true.

Aurora or FK heims ( with the Teflon ) are as strong as any component on these bikes..probably stronger. Very well built and can take any abuse you care to dish out.

Sent from a van down by the river

Not entirely true.

Aurora or FK heims ( with the Teflon ) are as strong as any component on these bikes..probably stronger. Very well built and can take any abuse you care to dish out.

It just seems to me that if you went through some very muddy areas that dirt would get in them causing premature wear or failure..

It just seems to me that if you went through some very muddy areas that dirt would get in them causing premature wear or failure..

I have ran heims on my last 2 bikes without problems and I ride mainly woods and muddy tracks. I am tho the type of person to clean my bike after every ride and I don't let dirt or mud sit on the bike and I also lube them after every clean. This extends their life considerably and keeps the infamous "squeaking" away. I don't think they would be a good soot for someone that doesn't clean their bike and maintain the joints properly, if your this type then I would definitely stick to ball joints.  

The ones I mentioned don't even require that level of maintenance. They have precision clearances and are lined with PTFE so debris getting into the actual joint/wear surfaces is minimal if any. If debris can't get in..it won't wear like the typical joints people are used to.

Asr offers some tuff ass heims. Think they are the ones phil is talking about... I ran them for a summer in dirty conditions and the only maintenance i ever did was hose them off at the car wash.. Were as tight as the day i bought them when they got pulled off the quad.