No spark

astewart

Got a 421 4mill serval recently tore it down to redo frame, after I put it back together it wouldn't start so checked everything good and all was hooked up right, pulled everything but motor again cleaned all ground points and still nothing, so ran a ground wire from case to frame this morning as I was told that is probably my problem sneak I pulled harness and checked everything on it and still nothing so I am thinking it's either kill switch or coil? Ran perfect before im stumped! If their is any other info ya need please ask!

Checked pickup gap? Have you tested stator and coil with ohm meter. Also tested Kill switch with multimeter for continuity( should have none when on) or just unhooked it and left wires apart? is key switch wires properly spliced together if its bypassed. if its still on the bike  do so to rule out bad keyswitch?

older style has just a black and red wire wich are tied together.( thats how my 89 is)  I think new style has a blk/red tied with blk/white and brwn tied with red. not sure how many diffrent styles there are but i know of those two.

K just making sure! It's a 01 and only had the 2 wires

cool, ya my 89 & 2000 has same deal but in my researching I found more then one style and wasnt sure when they started doing this or what year your bike was.

Cool, did you end up just using a jumper wire or did you splice them? i got my bike and it had a jumper wire. under heavy load in rough conditions bike would sputter.  Took me days to figure it out. I chased jetting like crazy it was quite annoying. once i cut and wired them together it was fine.