One carb or two. What's better?

Srtdino

Its not that he doesn't know, its that this topic has been covered plenty of times. But in short, any "ease of tuning" is negated by loss of power (top end mostly), usually.

Only in a 70-75+ HP application.

The loss of top end is widely accepted rumor.

It's completely untrue for lower HP motors, especially unported motors.

We have a matched pair of 370 long rod motors in our group and one has twin Mikuni 28's the other has a Graydon 2into1 intake with a 35PWK Air Striker. Both pull matching curves on the dyno and we trade wins in the dune drags with whoever gets the best launch. Even the butt dyno agrees. LOL

BUT!.....That's with a GRAYDON INTAKE.

That Trinity unit is garbage.

But stock carbs can make 70+ HP....So why people always wanna drop coin on carbs before porting is beyond me.........

New to the forum but i am running a single lectron carb.  I swapped over to a single after i fist got my banshee because i couldn't get the carbs to stay synched for the life of me.  One cylinder would always runner better than the other.  I know now i could have fixed that and saved a bunch of money.  I went from 2x 32 or 30 (dont remeber exactly just know they weren't stock) to a single 38to40 lectron.  Felt like i lost some top end but I had a huge difference in my low end (the carb was the only thing i changed).  I was riding mostly trails then and never really got up to full speed so it didn't matter about top end.  I haven't had to play with my carb since, I just clean it a couple time a year.  I also got better gas mileage.  Figure out where you want to ride and what is important to you then decide.