Suspension questions?

Abstract

Was wondering if I could possibly buy new stock shocks and replace the springs for after market ones with spring rates that are for my weight? I know you can do this with cars, and complete after market suspension for the shee is out of my price range, I found some stock replacement shocks for the front for around $130 that come with resevoirs, look good hahaha but wonder if I can change the springs on them, I'm 230 lbs and on a mission to lose weight at the moment, so I'm looking at 400 spring rate I read their for 200-220 lb riders, and my style of riding is trail riding, whoops, some jumps ect

by the time you spent cash on used shocks Put new springs ( about 85 for the main and 35-60 for secondary if dual rate) per shock... + rebuild cost your looking at the cost of brand new stage 1 elka's....    contact ATV galaxy on pricing a set of stage 1's... last person that bought shocks from them got a 10% discount...  their 595 retail.. . if you get the 10% your looking at around 535 + ship... so well say 550 even for stage one fronts valves and sprung brand new for you...  well worth it over lower end used shocks that need servicing and springs.

Yup true statements just for a revalved/rebuilt rear with a new spring I was quoted 400.... and Im 99% sure stock fronts aren't rebuildable when they are done they are done ..... spend the money on good shocks do it right take the time to save if you have to!