Help banshee only start by gas on filter

imateverycorner

Hi I have a 87 banshee That will not kickstart unless I put gas on the filter. after its warmed up and gas on the filter it kicks over everytime. It has a new top end on it.it also has procircut pipes. Before it use to kick start on first kick all the time until I blew the rings one day and was messing with the air fuel screw after that it wont start up by kicking I dont have a airbox I have direct filters to the carbs it has spark and compression. I also dont have a hose from carb to carb need help

That's a good starting point. Stock carbs? Clean carbs and check jet sizes while you're in there. May need to bump up the pilot. If they're stock I think the pilot will be a 25. Next size up is a 27.5 then 30. Stock main jets are are around 200, 210, or 220. I can't remember. Check that choke too. My carbs had a bad choke plunger and when you pulled the choke it wasn't starting because the o-ring in there wasn't blocking the choke circuit.