Exhaust for 421 serval trail bike

I am going to be sending my motor out to be built by either Redline or FAST in the next month or two and and I believe I am in need of new exhaust. 99% of the riding I will be doing will be trails (no sand around here).  I am currently running the beat up SST's that came with the bike. My first choice was T5's, but everyone seems to recommend Shearers, CPI's, Snipers, etc. I was under the impression that these were all drag pipes. I've never ridden a 4 mil before so I don't know if that matters or not. Also, I do plan on getting the new cylinders ported by whichever builder I decide to go with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

People hate on T5 pipes for some reason and I have no idea why. I ran them on a 4 mil stock cylinder for years and loved them but I do not know if many people have tested them on a serval but I would think they would run well on a serval.  

People in general follow the herd. Yup get drag pipes for a trail based quad.....

I've run a bunch of different brand pipes on my trail setup bike, probably a dozen or so over the years. Some people think that the pussy trails they ride are hardcore "trails", which are probably a farm or logging road with grass in the center. Come ride the rocky Mountains here and most would pussy out....

I'll never run a different pipe other then 916s now. But everyone's vision of trails is different.

The trails I have in mind are not hardcore by any means. Most have fairly tight turns but are still slideable. They are all connected by two lane gravel roads. I like to ride different areas though so I never really know what a particular area has to offer. Most of the guys around here have 4x4's and like to screw up the good trails after it rains.

I am going to be sending my motor out to be built by either Redline or FAST in the next month or two and and I believe I am in need of new exhaust. 99% of the riding I will be doing will be trails (no sand around here). I am currently running the beat up SST's that came with the bike. My first choice was T5's, but everyone seems to recommend Shearers, CPI's, Snipers, etc. I was under the impression that these were all drag pipes. I've never ridden a 4 mil before so I don't know if that matters or not. Also, I do plan on getting the new cylinders ported by whichever builder I decide to go with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had a stock cyl 4mm port from Redline and ran it with SSTs for awhile. It did really well until I wanted even more top end power.

You might not be in too bad of a position with the SSTs ...with the proper port work.

I had a stock cyl 4mm port from Redline and ran it with SSTs for awhile. It did really well until I wanted even more top end power.

You might not be in too bad of a position with the SSTs ...with the proper port work.

i ran SSTs on my serval at first because thats all i had, i later switched to shearers. the sst pipes pulled way better down low and okay in the midrange. if i was a trail guy i would go back to SSTs.

I had t5s on my FAST 421 serval for awhile and then switched to rockets. The t5s had lots of low end power but it rev'ed out way to quick for me. I was having to shift stupid quick and I couldn't goose the throttle without being in the power. The rockets were much much smoother on my serval, much easier to feather and putt around in the tight trails and I never lacked power. Also with the rockets, it was much easier to drag with my buddies because I could rev out a lot longer

There was tests done with t5s on a serval a long time ago with shearers and CPI, the t5 sucked in the top end. (if you believe that dyno stuff) but I had t5s on my serval and the top end felt way weak. I Swapped to shearers and felt they had more power everywhere, even the bottom end, and pulled way way more in the top end.

I trail mine sometimes and the down low is fine. But I don't do any first gear stuff. Open trails usually.