Big Rock Ky closed for good

RollinRhino

Yep, Duke Ford closed it up and is moving on.   Whether someone buys it and keeps it an ATV park is not definite.   Apparently this happened in late October (the 25th to be exact)

Anyone who lives in southern Ohio/Northern KY/Eastern Ind knows this was a good spot to have a day of fun.  

http://bigrockoffroadpark.com/

Yea, I remember when it was sold before.  From a financial aspect, it probably made the most sense to sell it.  That's over 2,000 acres along the Ohio River.  I'm sure he wasn't making much if any money.  Best of luck to Duke.  I always enjoyed going to Big Rock.

I talked to him at the outdoor show in Cincinnati several years ago and he told me he was going to have to open the park up to trucks/4x4s to make ends meet.  At that time the land was for sale and he almost seemed depressed at the show when we spoke.  I personally don't think he was hurting for money, but if you really do the math I think it was worth it to sell.  He had the land for sale for 3.3 million dollars.

http://www.landsofamerica.com/kentucky/land-for-sale/1578-acres-in-Mason-County-Kentucky/id/875998

At $20 a person (not including taxes on what was actually reported) it would take a long time accumulate those kind of funds.  But on the other hand, that link above does say the owner was planning to retire.  A cool 3 mill would be a nice way to retire!  Ha

Best of luck to Duke!