Possible blown cylinder

gamezn7

I took my shee out riding the other day and it was running fine for a while until it shut off out of no where. I can manage to turn it on but it will only stay on if I keep giving it throttle otherwise if I put it in gear or let go of the throttle it shuts off. The left side seems to be running fine but my right side sounds bad. The right exhaust keeps backfiring. This is my first banshee so I really dont have an idea of what it could be. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Could be a couple of things going on here....

1) This is one of us running as a troll on the site....

2) You fucked with your bike and aren't telling us cause now you realize you fucked up and we're going to make fun of you....

3) You didn't fuck with anything and ran your bike hard without changing the jetting like you should when the weather gets colder.

4) or you had no idea what you were looking at and bought a terd from someone who said it was "the fastest bike around and rare"......

Either way....I bet you smoked one of your cylinders.  A compression check would be the first test to do......it will tell you whether your motor is fucked or not.....within seconds of hooking everything up.  Thread in end to spark plug hole......hold throttle WIDE OPEN.....and kick til the needle stops moving.  You "should" be in the realm of 120-125 on a stock bike that has great compression.  lower than 110 is where I draw the line and just rebuild the fucker.  If its got an aftermarket head, or stock head with modified domes......then your compression should be higher than 125.  Granted, there are differences based on temperature and elevation.

• Like 1