Fresh out of a complete rebuilt.

BansheeTeam

Alright so i've done around 7 hours on my 06 banshee after the rebuilt and I need help with the tuning since the throttle response is really weird.. At least throttle applied the bike wakes up all of a sudden and is able to do a 100 km/h easy and I don't really know if that's a good thing or not since at half throttle she screams loudly and not much power or force is being shown, I didn't get to try her at WOT yet however I intend to do so today!

I'll also check out the plugs but i'm pretty sure it'll be darker than usual since i'm mixing more oil. 

(Usual mixture 40:1) (current and temporary mixture 18:600mL) I know it may sound a lot but a buddy of mine told me it's safer for a new built and that wiseco's usually need slightly more oil (i.e 36:1 instead of 40) Is that true?

Elevation: sea level

Temp. nowadays around 25 degrees Celsius (77 fahrenheit) + - + - 

Mods, Toomey T5's, pod K&N's no airbox, V-force 3, 15/42 gearing, Trinity timing plate (advanced to not sure how much but need advice on which is best), milled head .020" wiseco .25, moose boost bottle, motion pro torrs eliminator, 300 main 25 pilot, needle most likely to be in 3rd groove.

Thanks guys.

32:1 -40:1 is good to run. ive been running 40:1 for ages and never changed oil ratio for a new build.

check the timing plate out and put it on 0. 

the jetting sounds good.  280-310 sounds about right.

remove the boost bottle and find a stock cross over tube, inspect boots where the boost bottle is, to make sure the rubber isnt cracked.

check where the needle is, on both carbs.  put them in the middle clip.

what octane fuel do you run ?

32:1 -40:1 is good to run. ive been running 40:1 for ages and never changed oil ratio for a new build.

check the timing plate out and put it on 0. 

the jetting sounds good.  280-310 sounds about right.

remove the boost bottle and find a stock cross over tube, inspect boots where the boost bottle is, to make sure the rubber isnt cracked.

what octane fuel do you run ?

I have the cross over tube I can put that in instead of the boost bottle but what should I expect.

I run premium and in my country it's around 95 octane.

I plan on using VP racing fuels with Maxima Castor 927 along with hotter plugs (7's) when the weather is cooler and only when I'll race

boost bottles do nothing but add the chance of cracking the rubber and causing a air leak.

no point running vp race gas and no point running 7 plugs.

stick the timing plate on 0.

check your compression with gauge.

check the carb slides out, make sure they are opening together at the same time. stock carbs have lil windows in the sides, that near WOT you can see a lil dot line up in the window. make sure they are the same.

Turns out my clutch lever was pulled more than it should've been.. Did the adjust from the lever on top to easen it out and now its runs like a beast. In for fine tuning now I'll ditch the boost bottle and I have a set of 30 pilots should I throw that in or stick to the stock 25's I can't get 27.5's here.

Thanks everyone

^^^^ what they said.

100km/h is not much. What size tires you are using? I did more than 100km/h with a bone stock banshee with stock 14-41 gearing and 20" holeshot tires on dirt.

Surely I can pull way more than a 100 I was just saying it's funny it went that much with the least bit of throttle applied. I'm using the stock size tires I believe is 20 or 21.