Suddenly wont kick over please help!

So i came home, decided to disconnect my TORS, disconnected the parking brake sensor, and started up, my left pipe was starting to backfire and it the bike bogged out. I than just adjusted the idle screw on the side of the carb to stock(tightened it in and backed it out 2 rotations). I went to kick start it and its not even letting me kick it all the way over. Please, please any help or ideas on what i should do or what happened?! Im puzzled

Does it kick at all or is the kicker stuck now?

Sounds like you better pull the head and look inside the cylinders. If it was backfiring out one side then died sounds like you seized a piston. 

Lean condition in the cylinder burns hotter and causes things to over heat. Also less oil enters the cylinder in a lean condition. Piston and or rings start to melt and then lock down the engine.The lean condition was probably the cause of the back fire in that cylinder.

Yep what ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ said

• Like 1

Is it possible the kickstarter can get jammed? Should i try and roll and down shift and see if itll start? Just wanna see my options before taking everything apart. Its just strange cuz it has always started the past couple weeks of me starting it and letting it run. It didnt bog out or nothing.

Should i try and roll and down shift and see if itll start?

If you do, it'll end up looking like this. If it were mine, I would do things in this order.

1 Pull the stator cover and see what happens when you try to turn the flywheel back and forth BY HAND.

2 Pull the exhaust and look into the exhaust ports to see what the pistons look like.

3 If you don't see anything bad with the pistons, Consider pulling the clutch cover to see if there's a problem there.

4 If you're going to pull the top end apart, DO A LEAKDOWN TEST FIRST!

Is there any chance you ran unmixed gas in it?

1000094l.jpg

• Like 1

ouch!! that looks like it hurt. lol i will do the order you stated when i get back from work tomorrow. ill keep you posted.. ill take pictures of the pistons and hopefully get an answer.. i remember when i bought this quad a few years back, the kid said it was bored.. i do not remember how much. would it be your best judgement, if one of my pistons are bad, to change both of them? if so, is their any size bore thats pushing the limits? or any specific brand to stay away from? if i end up rebuilding the top end.. i want to make it legit. and when i mean that, i don't mind spending more money on quality to end up getting the most HP i can get out of this shee. it always treated me right and i have a sick love for it that i wouldn't mind giving her a big makeover.

So i came home, decided to disconnect my TORS, disconnected the parking brake sensor, and started up, my left pipe was starting to backfire and it the bike bogged out. I than just adjusted the idle screw on the side of the carb to stock(tightened it in and backed it out 2 rotations). I went to kick start it and its not even letting me kick it all the way over. Please, please any help or ideas on what i should do or what happened?! Im puzzled

It doesnt sound like you were messing with the idle screw. All the way in and out two sounds like your A/F mixture screw. Maybe you leaned it out right there? But I really dont know if it would melt down idling unless you just had it screwed all the way in. Listen to what everybody has said. It's exactly what I woukd do too. Do not tear the head off or without doing a leakdown first. Ask questions. Good luck.

It doesnt sound like you were messing with the idle screw. All the way in and out two sounds like your A/F mixture screw. Maybe you leaned it out right there? But I really dont know if it would melt down idling unless you just had it screwed all the way in. Listen to what everybody has said. It's exactly what I woukd do too. Do not tear the head off or without doing a leakdown first. Ask questions. Good luck.

Hey joey, when you say leaned out, does that mean my piston breaking or what? i keep hearing the term and don't exactly know what that means, is it the cylinder wall thinning out and breaking? 

If you do, it'll end up looking like this. If it were mine, I would do things in this order.

1 Pull the stator cover and see what happens when you try to turn the flywheel back and forth BY HAND.

2 Pull the exhaust and look into the exhaust ports to see what the pistons look like.

3 If you don't see anything bad with the pistons, Consider pulling the clutch cover to see if there's a problem there.

4 If you're going to pull the top end apart, DO A LEAKDOWN TEST FIRST!

Is there any chance you ran unmixed gas in it?

1000094l.jpg

I would do 1, then 3 if it where me.

If I understood right, it was running fine before the TORS disconnect, then you fired it up and it was backfiring (but didn't ride it).

You're not usually gonna do much damage to a motor if it was just idling or revving in neutral (UNLESS, as Starwriter mentioned, you put straight gas in it). The timing plate could have come loose (which would cause the backfire), or something on the clutch side.