Cooling line setup?

jwillie0950

Ok so the big cooling lines are obvious but where im a little confused is the small cooling line is from the resevoir under the seats two tubes the one on top of the resevoir and the one on bottom. Also there is a tube right about the water pump and an opening on the back of the cases that im also not sure about. I have some pics to help illustrate what im talking about. Lastly the two small lines coming from the radiator itself i have no clue on. Im probly overthinking this but i just want to make sure everythings right. Thanks for the help

Don't need the small hoses. The ones that go to the cases are crankcase vents.

That's about a worthless post. Why even bother?

There's a small line that goes from the top of the cylinder head to the top of the radiator. NOT to the radiator cap neck. Throw the coolant overflow bottle in the trash. You don't need it. Run the hose from the radiator cap neck straight down, and through the bracket on the frame that the front fender support brace bolts to if you had full fenders. Snip the hose off just below the frame. The ones at the back of the trans and by the waterpump are vents. They tee together and the hose goes up to the steering stem hoop and then back down a little ways. You only need 1 vent. The 1 by the waterpump can be eliminated. There is a very nice billet vent block off piece sold on ebay for $10. To remove the vent hose fitting, you have to remove the clutch cover and pound the fitting inward. Back it up with a piece of pipe so you don't bust the cover. To find the blockoff, search ebay for banshee vent with cheapest items first.

That's about a worthless post. Why even bother?

There's a small line that goes from the top of the cylinder head to the top of the radiator. NOT to the radiator cap neck. Throw the coolant overflow bottle in the trash. You don't need it. Run the hose from the radiator cap neck straight down, and through the bracket on the frame that the front fender support brace bolts to if you had full fenders. Snip the hose off just below the frame. The ones at the back of the trans and by the waterpump are vents. They tee together and the hose goes up to the steering stem hoop and then back down a little ways. You only need 1 vent. The 1 by the waterpump can be eliminated. There is a very nice billet vent block off piece sold on ebay for $10. To remove the vent hose fitting, you have to remove the clutch cover and pound the fitting inward. Back it up with a piece of pipe so you don't bust the cover. To find the blockoff, search ebay for banshee vent with cheapest items first.

Much better explanation than mine. Thanks.

If you keep the vent by the waterpump, then you need to tee the 2 hoses together and go up to the steering stem hoop and back down. If you eliminate the vent near the waterpump, you can let the trans vent just hang down the back of the motor, BUT, if you ever tip the bike up vertical so it's resting on the grab bar, trans oil may run out. Personally, I would just run the single line up to the steering stem hoop and back down a little ways.