What Sive Jets?

brollins23

I have a 2003 Shee and recently purchased FMF Gnarly Pipes to assist with hillclimbs and trail riding. What would be the proper size jet to use with the Gnarly Pipes? I've heard everything form 330-380. I live in central Indiana and need to jet for cold riding conditions. Any advice would be appreciated.

Depends on the air box mods.. ARe you cutting the end of the lid?? Removing the lid?? Running a K&N or other aftermarket filtersj??

From what I have read here I now plan on cutting the air box by 1.5 and I had already planned on installing a KN Air Filter. Are there any other basic modifications I should consider before rejetting? What are your thoughts on the White Bros Boost Bottle?

I'd start w/ 300 mains and go from there. Run it wot in 6th gear for 5-10 seconds, shut it down, pull the plugs. Black is rich, brown is perfect, tan or white is lean....next raise the needles one notch (by lowering the clip 4 slots from the top of the needle) you should feel your power coming on at a lower rpm. If the shee likes it, then try the 5th slot from the top. It'll either like it or hate it... you'll see performance differences.... The stock pilot should be fine, adjust the air screws to throttle response....

Don't bother w/ the boost bottle. Waste of money....if anything, get reeds, cool head, and +4 timing...best bang for the buck...oh ya, put a 15 tooth front sprocket on...

I ran the banshee with the pipes installed for a couple minutes and it was smoking like crazy and had no power. :huh: I'm not planning on starting it again untill I get the jets. What kind of reeds and heads do you recommend? Since my pipes are mostly for low range I would like to add a little more to my mid range any suggestions?

I ran the banshee with the pipes installed for a couple minutes and it was smoking like crazy and had no power.  :huh: I'm not planning on starting it again untill I get the jets. What kind of reeds and heads do you recommend? Since my pipes are mostly for low range I would like to add a little more to my mid range any suggestions?

Make sure you get a few different sizes. You'll need them anyway for summer to winter.. I'd get some 280,290 and 300's. Everyone on here is running the NOS cool head and love them. The owner also post on here and has a good reputation. Prices are great too...I'm running a head mod from back in '89 before the cool head was made so I never bought one. Boysen reed petals are all you need. Cost $35....If you do a lot of trail, the you might want to consider shortening the swingarm -2". Makes a huge difference in handling and traction...