Motor Break In......

Use the same oil ratio for break-in as you will use for the life of the motor. I personally like semi-synthetic oils with a castor base. 32:1-40:1. I recommend doing a leak-down test, cooling system pressure test and a compression test. Write the results of the compression test down for future comparison. Do 4 heat cycles lightly revving the engine to operating temperature and letting it cool to room temp. DO NOT let you engine sit at idle for more than a few seconds throughout the life of the engine, as this will allow the cylinders to glaze and dramatically decrease life. After the 4th heat cycle is done, recheck torque on cylinders and head. After proper jetting has been verified, ride it like you plan to for the life of the engine. Always use the same light revving procedure, blipping the throttle to warm-up the engine each time before use. 

-Brandon

• Like 1

Not that my opinion matters. Because it doesn't. But I work with two factories who produce these things. They'll both tell you the same, let it warm up. Make sure it's full of gas, and be on your way. If you gotta stop and check tightness of stuff, then you might have other things to worry about. This is just what the engineers tell me, don't kill the messenger.

what two factories do you work with that reproduce rebuilt 1980`s design manual transmission twin cylinder 2 stroke engines??

"Make sure it's full of gas, and be on your way" lol thats a nice a nice way of saying "fuck off stvn we too busy to talk to your dumbass"