Override problems

Fastassbanshee96

I have a 2-5 override with n down. I'm new to overrides so don't know much about them.... Don't know who cut it but needless to say it won't shift under a load but shifts fine if I pull the clutch lever. Any ideas what it could be? Shift forks or something?

I'm fighting the same issue on a previously good shifting override. I tore it all apart and the only thing I can find wrong is that the big bushing on the clutch shaft is froze to the shaft. I don't see how that would make a damn. I am baffled with it and haven't put the motor back together.

Have you looked at the shift forks? What we call "bent" shift forks really only means a few thousandths of wear on them. They won't shift for shit. You can also get burrs on the angled dogs that won't let them disengage, but that isn't usually in every gear.

if the clutch is slipping at high rpm. it wont shift under hard load. but will cruising.

That could be the problem.... I just finish my build and this was the first time I had road it. So there is no tuning on it. My lock up has like no weight on it. When I launch it slips really bad then starts to grab so it could very well be slipping when trying to shift

I'm fighting the same issue on a previously good shifting override. I tore it all apart and the only thing I can find wrong is that the big bushing on the clutch shaft is froze to the shaft. I don't see how that would make a damn. I am baffled with it and haven't put the motor back together.

Have you looked at the shift forks? What we call "bent" shift forks really only means a few thousandths of wear on them. They won't shift for shit. You can also get burrs on the angled dogs that won't let them disengage, but that isn't usually in every gear.

I haven't gotten to tear anything apart yet. Figured I'd ask here and get some ideas of what I'm looking for first.

Are you sure its an over ride?

I mean I guess I'm not 100% sure it's an override as I am new to this. But I bought it off of Quadpro on here and he said it was.

clutch slip.  not shifting under load either its not an override, or there are issues with the gears dragging, drum is junky, the ramps are jacked up, the shafts are bent, the forks are jacked up.    gett eh clutch to grab right and then make sure the shift shaft parts are all correct.  if the trans only came with the racks and the drum and you reused your old shifting parts they maybe very worn and not pulling hard enough on the star..  most overrides are very easy to shift when everything is working right. 

if the clutch bushing is "froze" to the shaft the clutch wont disengage very well due to the increased load from the clutch basket.  instead of both pieces being able to slip  only the bushing on the basket is able to turn  thats hard on them  and creates more heat on t he shaft.   prelubing that point on assembly with a good assembly lube mix is very crutical  i see this happen all the time.  also breakdown of oil from too much clutch material can make this happen  as well as crappy lube ( atf)