Previous owner chain whack

Well I knew the case was hit with the chain and that it didn't leak before I bought it. Stupid kid must not have had the chain tight enough or something.

From what I've read, this is a common problem.

I've already decided that I'm not going to ride it until I get this all sorted out. I'm ordering a new set of renthal sprockets and renthal r3 o-ring chain today. I already have the case saver on order.

I just pulled the flywheel cover to verify there are no cracks, and its all good to go!!!

I'm also going to have to go through the carbs because it seems as If one I the carbs is running a little richer than the other or vice versa. I need to pull plugs and check out what's going on.

Here's a pic of the carnage

null_zps82490064.jpg

null_zps3ddce184.jpg

null_zps14a7a030.jpg

Looks exactly like mine did when I bought it. Invest in a case saver next time.

It was like that when I got it last week. First thing I did was order a case saver and new rental o-ring chain and sprockets. Everything is supposed to be here today. I won't really "ride" it until I replace all that.

dont get an aluminium case saver make sure its plastic

Well stupid first time banshee owner here didnt do his research before buyinig. haha  I ordered an HDM Aluminum one that cam yesterday. I didtn realize until later on that the case savers were only supported by the three bottom bolts below the output shaft. (Kind of Scary).  I really dont want to chunk out the case if a chain breaks.

I honestly didnt realize that they were like that. I figured they were like all the other bikes and quads I have owned that were bolted evenly aound the shaft.

Looks like I will be returning this one (if I can) and getting a plastic TM designworks

THanks again for the heads up.

some, both plastic and aluminium case savers have support at the top, aluminium isnt very forgiving or sacrificial like plastic when the shit hits the fan,

looks like quite a bit of your case that some of the savers use for support is missing already

this is a nice one and it butts up against the case

100_2636.jpg