Vin Related question

SeanC7

Ok, I'm not sure on the legality of this question so if I'm out of line feel free to let me know. I bought a frame online off someone who said it had no vin and never had a Vin so I scratched off the new paint by the vin to see if its stolen and there was no vin or any sign of a vin. I'm not sure exactly what to do to get a title and a vin for it, I live in miami, FL. I'm not expecting anyone to know the exact laws of my state but a step in the right direction would be appreciated. Now my question is this: I own a 2001 raptor same year as the banshee frame I bought and I have a title and sticker for that. Now since the bike is the same year and same brand could I just stamp that VIN on the banshee frame and put a sticker on it? Now I know having both bikes out would be suspicious so I don't plan on doing that. Thanks.

In cali the highway patrol inspects and stamps vin tags for special construction. you should have bill of sale for frame and motor. Plus reciepts for parts. make sure your motor# is clean as well.

Edited by m671054

i dont think you need a new frame...... I would ask dmv if you build your shee and get a officer to sign off on it then they will make you a vin and register it.... I know in cali if you have it signed off on they will re create you a registration.  Just trying to save you from buying another frame. If someone knows anything different please post.....

Michigan is the same way.. You can have a police officer inspect it and sign off on it, then get an "assembled title". it's the same way for any type of custom built vehicle... Go to your DMV and ask for an "Assembled title form"... Tell them it's a custom frame.. They really don't care as long as you follow their guidelines, and have $$$$$$$ LOL BUT, make sure the numbers on your engine are good.. That they will check for sure....

Michigan is the same way.. You can have a police officer inspect it and sign off on it, then get an "assembled title". it's the same way for any type of custom built vehicle... Go to your DMV and ask for an "Assembled title form"... Tell them it's a custom frame.. They really don't care as long as you follow their guidelines, and have $$$$$$$ LOL BUT, make sure the numbers on your engine are good.. That they will check for sure....

New York is similar to this. I had to take a pic if the vin, then the DMV gave me some form to take to the police, and they had to "verify" the vin. A bit of a pain in the ass, but it ended up working out fine and cost like $25 plus tax.