New Clutch ?

DB87

Hey guys, Im new to the quads an dirt bikes world so please keep this in mind. I took the shee to get it jeted, dynoed, and tuned last night. Dynoed 48 horse and 28 torque. He did say though that my clutch is toast. He said it wouldn't even hold full power. So to dyno it he had to measure off speed instead. So my question is what do i need to buy? Friction plates be good, or do I need some other stuff? Its a 2001 Banshee with fmf fatty headers an powercore 2 silencers and a kn filter with air box and lid. Thanks for your help.

Edited by DB87

your going to have to take them out and inspect them. most of the time I can get away with just putting a couple heavier springs in.

if your steals are purple or blue and clutches are out of spec then replace those too.

I don't know how he could measure off of speed, hopefully someone else can explain that...

down load a manual and do it yourself. Fast racing has a very good clutch, and the hubs and basket if you need them too.

google search free banshee manual. or go to a book store and buy a clymers manual.

theese things are easy to work on.