What banshee motor would you build

Slap some HS Screamlines on an Accord and it will look damn similar to a banshee. What's the cut-off for when a banshee is no longer a "banshee" Stock cylinder, stock case? Triple?

Well once you get into a custom built frame I think your out of a banshee. Your just on a frame that just so happen to have mounts that fit a banshee motor. I'm saying stock frame/ stock aftermarket, no hybrids/extended frames. Twin cylinder 2stroke.

Well once you get into a custom built frame I think your out of a banshee. Your just on a frame that just so happen to have mounts that fit a banshee motor. I'm saying stock frame/ stock aftermarket, no hybrids/extended frames. Twin cylinder 2stroke.

I would agree, once there is an aftermarket frame or stock extended an triple + I would say its leaving the banshee category. There was a guy I was talking to had a banshee in a YFZ frame, was a complete shit conversion but he was persistent his bike was a "banshee" because of the motor. Where do you draw the line on a swap like this? 

conversions are just that  conversions..  they have a (random motor here) in a ( random chassis here)  

i think the days of highly modified banshee motors are really over.   you just dont see a sx550 cylinder on a stock case motor or even cranker's anymore.  those to me were the REAL skill engines.  aftermarket bolt together motors stil take a lot to get assembled and run right  but nothing like some of those early motor atrocities. 

i personally feel a stock cylinder stock case 4 cyl would be a feat. an alluminum sleeve 520 all stock motor would be neato also.

what i meant was you cannot use a honda accord crank in a banshee  and you cannot use a 4 cyl all custom built crank in a banshee either.  so why even call them banshee based?  only real thing those 25,000 dollla monsters share with a banshee is that its a 2 stroke, and for some reason the basic weak ass transmission design.

So Matoon needs to get busy mapping out a new billet case that mates a banshee crank and cylinders to a GSXR tranny, raptor tranny, or some other wild dream. Hell move the crank to the back of the cases and put the trans in front if you have to......flip the cylinders around and go carb in front and pipe out the back.....

As long as we're jerkjng off to fantasy motors...dream big.

So Matoon needs to get busy mapping out a new billet case that mates a banshee crank and cylinders to a GSXR tranny, raptor tranny, or some other wild dream. Hell move the crank to the back of the cases and put the trans in front if you have to......flip the cylinders around and go carb in front and pipe out the back.....

As long as we're jerkjng off to fantasy motors...dream big.

Now we're talking. And drive off the center of the crank like a TZ750.

tz750b_engine1.jpg

that 4 cyl up there is about as close to a banshee as a honda accord is..

i have several dream motors. these would be actually doable AND would stay together unlike those high dollar 2000cc hot rods that make 6 passes and break.

4 cyl 10 mill stroke cheetah. 1070cc

4 cyl 842 stock cylinder.

but even those combos' would require some serious transmission upgrades that i personally dont think exist. i'm talking a motor that can be hot lapped..

i have a few "in the works" motors already. most are in the 421cc range and use differnt cylinders and powervalves.

one that i think is doable and might actually work well would be a 78-80mm bore 54 stroke motor.

all the other "dream 2 stroke's" are not banshee based. but i believe would be brutal and much more reliable that what the aftermarket has available thats " banshee based"

i mean really. a 6-8 cyl powervalved EFI direct injection twin turbo on the front of a real transmission? 800-1200hp would be doable. now thats dreamin.

Please define "in the works"