Queston about bore size and Wiseco pistons..

Alright guys I have a wierd one here... The I.D. of the cylindes are 64.15 give or take where you're measuring in the bore.. (They are from a 1994 machine) The pistons are Wiseco and on the crown are stamped 0.50mm and 513P2 the O.D of the piston measures 63.90mm ish.. The question is... Are these 64.00mm stock bore cylinders, or as the crown of the piston says a 64.50mm bore? I'm confused because the measurments tell me it's 64mm and the crown of the piston is stamped 513P2 and 0.50mm which is a 64.50mm bore.. SMH

I'm using a Mitutoyo digital caliper measuring the crown  across the wrist pin and the skirt from front to back....The bore is being measured with a bore gauge, then measured with the digital caliper...

the piston is widest and should be measured front to back approximately 1/2 way down the skirt. Calipers are only accurate within a few thousandths of an inch. As for the bore measurement, I believe you're referring to a snap gauge. 513P2 is an old Wiseco number and has been replaced by 513M06450. They are a 64.5mm piston.

• Like 1

the piston is widest and should be measured front to back approximately 1/2 way down the skirt. Calipers are only accurate within a few thousandths of an inch. As for the bore measurement, I believe you're referring to a snap gauge. 513P2 is an old Wiseco number and has been replaced by 513M06450. They are a 64.5mm piston.

Thank you for answering my question!... I thought they were .5mm over, but those damn inaccurate calipers tricked me! LOL I was referring to a snap gauge.. These are my old cylinders, and are still in good shape, I boxed them up when i built my 4mil over the winter with an already 4mil ported set of cyls...  How much do you charge to take these to 65mm bore and aggressive 4mil port them?.... Also what port job yields more power an aggressive MX/trail port or an aggressive dune port?

I charge $110 per pair for bore/hone and portwork will run $340-$385 depending on what route we go. Portwork is customized to your riding style, current mods, elevation, fuel and weight. PM me or call (435)623-0148 if you'd like to discuss in more detail.

Thanks,

Brandon