Need help

alright guys, im pretty new here, bought a shee and have been building it for like 8 months, took my time and didnt rush it. The motor was wasted, so i waited till i found STOCK cylinders, 64mm and NO porting, put it all together, took it to winchester on memorial day and it was a giant turd, broke in just fine, once i broke it in I actually got on it and it would puke out at WOT and climbing hills, pulled the jets and realized i had 330 mains and 30 pilots, it also has the Toomey needles, I get that its WAY fat, So i bought some 25's and 310's, it rained and i didnt feel like riding anymore, My big question is, what jetting do you recommend? I bought some 290's and 300's. Should I run the Stock needles or keep the Toomeys, Basic bolt ons, T-5's, Coolhead W/ 19cc domes, carbon reeds w/spacers and K&N's. Help me out guys. ALSO Im wondering what direction you guys would steer me? Should I buy a stroker or just port it first?

I can do a compression check, but im not sure how to do a leakdown? Are the 19's too much for a stock motor? I was under the impression that they were the highest i could go without running straight race fuel. Would they be too much even with a ported motor, I know for a fact that its not lean with the jetting it had, it never had a lean pop or anything like that, WAY too fat, Im just looking for a reliable motor that runs good, cause puking out half way up banshee hill is unacceptable.

it depends what kind of fuel your trying to stay running. 

Me for instance...I am running a dune/play ported motor that is .020 over, fmf fatties, vf2 reeds, k&n pods, and 20 cc domes and I am kicking JUST shy of 150psi......

When you port a motor you are changing the timing of the intake and exhaust port openings.....it also makes the dwell time that the intake/exhaust are open longer, meaning you get more time open = less time to make compression resulting in LOWERED compression. 

So you have to go with smaller domes on ported motors to bring the compression back up to normal, let alone to get it higher for a little more kick in the pants.

BUT running stock cylinders with 19 cc domes......you got some balls man.....either that or you ride in the clouds...as elevation lowers compression readings. 

Just for reference a stock banshee should kick about 125 psi after a fresh rebuild.  150-160ish (depends A LOT on variances in motors and how your builder set it up) is usually the tops for 93 premium pump fuel. 

• Like 1