Help with 300ft setup

whoppes27

Looking for a little help with my chassis setup for 300ft. Here is the bike info:

Stock lightened chassis ~300lb 

+2 forward arms

+12 swinger/ no wheelie bar

14p ext 22"

180-185lb rider

421 alky cub drag port/ oof estimated 100-110hp 

I think my 60ft is killing me. I've ran the bike a best of 4.1's that was with 1.5 60's  and 16/43 gearing. This year I've been averaging 1.6-1.7 60's and 4.3's. Same track, not sure if they've changed anything. I've tried 15/42 gearing and currently at 16/42, I've also tried different air pressure and my 60's and et does not change. I feel like I'm blowing the tires off. My thought is to ditch the +12 swinger and go to maybe a +10 or +8 with a bar. Just wanna make sure I'm on the right track. Any suggestions are appreciated.

• Like 1

Haven't pulled the clutch pack yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it was toast. Its been in there a while and that would make sense why gearing/air pressure isn't changing my 60's or et's. Does the swing arm sound too long or you think its fine if properly set up with a bar?

So you want it to be a minus 6 degrees? Wouldn't that put an upward rake on the swingarm? Meaning that the swingarm would have to travel higher than the sprocket.... Or am I just reading this wrong.

+ 8 swingarm with a bar and 14 paddle 72" RO extremes will help a lot. Should get some 4.0s if you weigh 185 lbs or less.

I meant to say staggered extremes. We picked up half a tenth from the straight paddles. 8x9 wheels help too.

73 ro 14 staggered extremes on 12x12 wheels

That's one way to get it done. I'd be interested to see those tires and wheels. Sounds like RDZs setup a few years ago. Did you have an air shifter and foot pegs on the swingarm? Probably not, just asking.