Fox float setting

sheerider11

I have the basic fox floats, and I'm looking at where I should be for a good base point to start to set them up for me.

I have +2+1 I weigh at 195 about bike gassed and gear on

I'm riding in extremely whooped out NJ sand pits.

I hammer through the whoops in 4th or 5th floating the front end as much as possible

So I got the shocks used and have no info on them.

Im 155ish and liked them on the soft side, I think I ran 55psi... dont remember exactly. with your weight, Id say just start around 75 and go from there. You will have to play with them a bit to find the ride you like. The air shocks are progressive so you dont really have to worry about bottoming out. (unless you run them with no air..:) also the pressure will change with temp differences so check them kind of often. GREAT SHOCKS !!! 

If your works shocks got too hot to touch, something was wrong with them. I've cycled works steelers on the dyno for 2 hours at 90 strokes per minute and only increased external temperature by ~40 degrees.

As far as the air expansion, there is no easy way to explain it. It is a very sophisticated algebraic equation to compute the volumetric expansion coefficient. The chemical make-up of the air in your specific region will vary, and the expansion rate will differ.

Basically, fuck around with it and see what it does.

• 1 month later...

Im going to give you a piece of advice, the best thing you can do (the best thing ive done with fox floats) is to go buy the evol upgrade kit for them. Around $450 for 2 shocks. It turns it into a 2 stage shock, and holy hell does it make a massive difference, especially if you like hitting jumps, or ride on rough bumpy terain. Set the initial stage real soft, About 45-60 depending how much you weigh, and your preference, and the second stage firmer. Its a simple concept, and works great. The initial stage gives you a soft smooth impact, but the second stage keeps you from bottoming out or loosing control.