loud noise when pulling clutch lever (video)

Dmx

I did first start on my -87 banshee just today after teardown/rebuild and heard a loud grinding when pulled the lever in.

Assembled the clutch with new driveline billett basket and driveline drag clutch kit, adjusted the pushrod also.

Lever feels pretty stiff but i think its supposed with those HD springs.

Here is video, a bit over 1min you can hear the sound when i pull the lever.

And yes, i know it has really rich mixture.

Definitely the pressure plate hitting the cover. I'm gonna guess that you didn't line up one of the pressure plate arrows with the dot on the inner clutch hub, so the pressure plate isn't seated against the fibers, and then you adjusted the pushrod for the pressure plate in that position and when you pull the clutch lever, the pressure plate moves out too far.

Thanks for replys guys!

Yes i installed the pressure plate wrong, my bad. Lucky me because it didnt hurt anything.

I wasnt going to even start her again before knowing and fixing this issue.

By the way the lever came a bit softer after i reassembled the pressure plate and adjusted the push rod again.

Thanks for replys guys!

Yes i installed the pressure plate wrong, my bad. Lucky me because it didnt hurt anything.

I wasnt going to even start her again before knowing and fixing this issue.

By the way the lever came a bit softer after i reassembled the pressure plate and adjusted the push rod again.

Cool! Glad that's all it was. I figured the clutch the clutch pull would be easier after that, since you're not smashing the springs as far.