frame

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy a complete bike. tear it into a million pieces. sell what you dont want or need and build from there. you really would be surprised how fast all the little things add up. i started with a 100 dollar frame and am now at about 3k all used stock parts. nothing special.i bet 40% of the used parts are close to junk anymore. Its all the $3 bolts and shit plus shipping that hurt. good luck

Yea ky doesnt mandate titles.for quads. Like zilla.said, I realizw the money part of it but hey when its all.said and done I gain knowledge, and I (hopefully) build.something worth while by doing the right research. As it looks the suspension part looks to be the most expensive part. It would.be a trail.bike. theu dont drag that much here anymore no.climb hilld.

How much do you guys think a complete engine costs. im talking everything from filters to silencers. electrical and hard parts. and remember you want a quality build. i think most of your money will be spent here. please break down what you think stuff costs. i know what i payed. and it was more than 1/2 my total budget.

I've seen several drag motor setups go from 2500-3k for motor,carbs,filters,pipes,electrical. So I don't think it hard to imagine getting a stock cylinder setup for the same or less. What hard parts are you speaking of. I think one of the hardest things for me to find was a complete motor mount setup and that wasn't all that hard. And at that it cost me 15 but I had many sets found with the most being 30$. I'm just having a hard time figuring out what your meaning by hard parts.

I see what you mean now. He says he has time so he can do some searching around and find some nice stuff IMO. If you can get drag stuff for that price I don't see why you couldn't get a dune or trail ported stock cylinder motor for less. The carbs will cost less also. He has a wide array of options. Will he come out about the same as buying a complete bike or maybe a bit more for the exact bike he wants ??? Yes I do believe so. The important thing is it will be exactly how he chooses and gets the " thrill of the build " .

Im done discussing this. here are the known facts.

1. In this used market it is cheaper to build from a complete bike.

2. Building from just a frame and buying every part is in reality just a way to finance a bike.

3. you will spend twice as much time and money then you budget.

4. when you cant get it to start or run right you will start some dumb thread asking for help.