AutoCAD radiator covers designed by me, whaddya think?

rg97

This is a screenshot of my latest banshee-related CAD work. the R2 is our "company" my name, rheese, and my dad, ron were combined. I know that really R2 or 2R would be more appropriate, but R2 looks sweeeet heres the pic lemme know what you think. It's getting cut out of  1/8" stainless first, then either 1/8" 6061 aluminum or 1/8" carbon fiber with the waterjet cutter at work. the other pic (the carbon fiber looking one) is an alternate from autodesk inventorpost-45360-0-71648300-1367203665.jpg

Maybe you think its gay because you can't use it right...

Im going to cut out the middle piece in the plastic because yes it would block some out.

I had to resize the pics so that it would let me upload them... You just cant see the bolt pattern but it os there

Maybe you think its gay because you can't use it right...

Im going to cut out the middle piece in the plastic because yes it would block some out.

I had to resize the pics so that it would let me upload them... You just cant see the bolt pattern but it os there

Like I said. The first one is better

• Like 1

Carbon fiber or aluminum for the final cutout? I'm thinking carbon fiber because my radiator is chrome aluminum and so the aluminum plate would blend in unless i paint it. The CF would look awesome black on white

I could care less what you can make, or frankly, what you think. CAD works for me, and imo it's the best program i have available. not sure that any other programs can save in a .dxf that the waterjet uses

I agree that autocad sucks for 3D work but that's not what Im doing. All my 3D work is in inventor. But, inventor can't save to A dxf i know that for fact

Plus of course the water jet isnt X,Y,and Z so inventor in 3D wouldn't work anyways. I could save the inventor file as a .stl for my 3D printer, but it only prints plastic