Back to 2 strokes again

Growing up, I've only ever had banshees. I live in coal country PA, where hill climbs are down right sick.

I got away from banshees and bought 2 brand new yfz450r quads. One for me, one for my son. We love our yfzs, but I couldn't stay away from banshees.

I ame across this banshee for sale. I just could not resist. It's the nicest shee I've ever seen in person. Well built, looks like a new quad. It has the 358 cub motor. All new orange and black plastics, suspension wise, it's +2 on evrything including swing arm. It's just a sick looking shee.

I bought it knowing it needed tuned a little. It fired right up, but doesn't idle right.

After messing with it, I found that it had no case oil in it. I have no clue why. But I had it running high rpms for a few minutes total.-- WITH NO OIL.

Well, my question is, did I do any damage. It still fires right up, but now I'm worried as hell. Thanks guys for any help. Sam

Welcome to BHQ. Congrats on the new find. It sounds pretty nice. It could have quite a bit of oil in it and not show on the dipstick. Pull the drain plug and see what comes out. Fill it with oil and ride it. If it has problems, you're going to have to take it apart. If there's no damage, no need to take it apart. The most common leak point is the shift shaft seal. Very easy to change. The 2nd most common leak is the seal behind the front sprocket.

As far as the idle problem, take the carbs apart, clean the jets and let us know what other mods it has and what jets are in it. Post close up pics of the engine.

• Like 1

Soldier,

Thanks for the info. Very helpful. I use an iPad for everything and cannot post pics from it, for some reason. I can email anyone pics if they want. I really like the machine. It has billet everything on it, and tons of Chrome.

As far as engine mods

- hot rods crank

- 358 cub

- v-force 3 reeds

- has the 2 k&n filters basically exposed

- I know the guy said it has 320main jets

I'm not very good with working on them. It's at my local shop right now getting tuned and looked over.

I'm very concerned with the weight of it. It basically weighs nothing at all. Has no skid plates, not sure why it's so light

I'm not sure why he put such crazy spacers on. They are off already. Looks and feels much better. It is really wide even now. I love this thing. It just looks mean. I can't wait to actually drive it. Right now it's getting a full tune up and whatever else it needs. For now I will run my yfz450r. But just can't wait to ride the shee