Never going to that mechanic again.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

load her up and go get the thing running right. can you say road trip.

Well now that it's in my hands it will be done right, the reason I took it to a shop was cause I work alot and didn't have the time, couple of crazy weeks, but it's slowed a little now so I can get er done. Just need parts

On a side note, guy was telling me the crank is bad, I took the top end off and from what I could see it was fine, it even has a brand new top end.

but you believe that the black stuff on your slides is from them going up and down??

how much did you pay the "shop" for a tune`up?   maybe they just cleaned the filter, slapped in some plugs, changed the fuel, and sent it on its way??  i dunno.  any place that actually works on atv's should have noticed that there was a screw in the carb???

you can buy a shindy carb kit and use that to replace the worn parts in your carb.  you should use the old jets if they are different than whats in the kit.  get carb clean or find someone with an ultrasonic cleaner and use that or dip to attempt to clean the carbs completely.  then go down to the hardware store and source the correct screws for your bowls and replace them.  striped screws are pretty normal.   then i'm guessing that you dont have a carb synch tool so go get one of those.  then i'd highly suggest that you buy a torrs eliminater kit for the carbs and install that.  please ready the instructions and take your time installing the idle screw's.  then reinstall the parts with NEW gaskets, do a leak down test on the motor to make sure its sealing ok, then reinstall the carbs,  synch the idle, then synch the pull, then check your jetting.....  

but you believe that the black stuff on your slides is from them going up and down??

how much did you pay the "shop" for a tune`up? maybe they just cleaned the filter, slapped in some plugs, changed the fuel, and sent it on its way?? i dunno. any place that actually works on atv's should have noticed that there was a screw in the carb???

you can buy a shindy carb kit and use that to replace the worn parts in your carb. you should use the old jets if they are different than whats in the kit. get carb clean or find someone with an ultrasonic cleaner and use that or dip to attempt to clean the carbs completely. then go down to the hardware store and source the correct screws for your bowls and replace them. striped screws are pretty normal. then i'm guessing that you dont have a carb synch tool so go get one of those. then i'd highly suggest that you buy a torrs eliminater kit for the carbs and install that. please ready the instructions and take your time installing the idle screw's. then reinstall the parts with NEW gaskets, do a leak down test on the motor to make sure its sealing ok, then reinstall the carbs, synch the idle, then synch the pull, then check your jetting.....

All very goo advice, way ahead of your brother, I have a 5gal pale of kleen-flo carb and parts cleaner, shit reeks to high heaven. I'm ordering everything I need on Tuesday, I do need to get a carb sync tool though.

Oh and btw I paid the shop $200. It did have a spark problem so that got fixed. But other than that I do t think they did much, new plugs yes new fuel no. Still pretty pissed

have u deleted the tors yet i was so glad i deleted mine.i was having problems with my bike bc someone plug the tors back in and i didnt realize for the longest time and just got my shee back running this week.

My kit is on it's way along with a bunch of other cool goodies, in pretty stoked too! Ill be getting a machine shop to do it though as I don't trust my drill and tapping skills

My kit is on it's way along with a bunch of other cool goodies, in pretty stoked too! Ill be getting a machine shop to do it though as I don't trust my drill and tapping skills

The hole is ready there. You just have to finish drilling it through. Then just run the tap into it. Not real complicated. You will most likely have to flatten out the portion that sticks out though. But still not a huge deal.

Ill be getting a machine shop to do it though as I don't trust my drill and tapping skills

Why pay some fool $100 too do something SO very easy and simple. 

Honestly, it's so easy a caveman can do it.

Here>>> http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=135591&hl=%2Bt.o.r.s+%2Binstall

Any questions, just ask.

Why pay some fool $100 too do something SO very easy and simple.

Honestly, it's so easy a caveman can do it.

Here>>> http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=135591&hl=%2Bt.o.r.s+%2Binstall

Any questions, just ask.

I do have a drill press at work. I'm thinking that might help drill a straight hole