Toomey T5's are too loud, according to the Police Dept.

The Cascade silencers work very well. They are expensive though. About $325 with chrome stinger tubes. The Toomey hush kit works and is cheap, but it looks dorky. Here's a pick of one of my old bikes with Cascade silencers with the old style end caps. The new style end caps look better.

banshee5.jpg

I hear ya and I almost said lets push it and see what happens.

However This was my though process,

The cops in NH have always been ball buster and they made it pretty clear to me if I ride with my current set up Im getting a ticket.

I would rather invest some money into silencers and have a fun time riding than pay tickets.

You might be right, maybe I would get a way with it.  Im just not in the mood to drive an 45 minutes each way to get denied to ride or a ticket when I could just quite the bike down.  The nice weather is just getting here and Im looking forward to a nice riding season.  

I aggree but what do you do when he pulls you over with your new stuff and says its too loud? Theres always a dickhead that hates the offroaders that hides behind his badge. You probably just found him.

Yes I agree.  If this happens he will need to test the decibel level and in NH the level cant go beyond 96.  I believe the Cascade Silencers are around 90.  My Toomeys were probably 105 ish.

105? No....

Your on a basic bolt on Banshee. (less than 50HP) My wife's bike is a 63HP fully ported 370 long rod bike with FMF Fatty's and it doesn't crest 97db. (Tested by Michigan DNR TWICE!)

Every 10 DB increase = a doubling of the sound volume.

You should go to Radio Shack or a similar store and buy a DB tester. They are cheap. Then go have your local cops test the machine per state specs. Get the chief to sign off on it and have him write your tested db on the back of his business card. Then your set.

If your pipes are packed...your not breaking the law. Don't cave in. Be pro-active.

http://www.chem.purdue.edu/chemsafety/Training/PPETrain/dblevels.htm

Here is a basic db chart. (Your not at 105) LMAO

According to this link, I come up with a test RPM for a Banshee at 3703 RPMs. 20" away from the exhaust tip at a 45 degree angle. Part of what makes the Cascade silencers pass is that they point the exhaust down at the ground, instead of right at the meter.

http://www.atvaction.net/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=651F2AE7EB414920996F3BC30878F55B

Here is another link worth looking at.

http://www.off-road.com/atv/oregon-dune-survival-guide-sound-restriction-11122.html

• Like 1