heat cycle questions

once, twice? to full riding temp? what else.

We let it idle for about 2 min. the 1st one. The next 2 were longer in duration for a total of 3 cycle. We then re-checked the torques. The 1st actual run is a medium part throttle run. After that, we run it like we race it. We continue to check the torques cold until everything takes a set.

I recommend 4 heat cycles lightly revving the engine untill it reaches operating temperature, 180 degrees +/-. This may take longer in lower ambient temperatures. Let it cool to room temperature between cycles. Once it has cooled down the 4th time, re-torque. Then run it as normal. I don't recommend allowing the bike to sit at idle any longer than to establish the pilot circuit is tuned properly. With roller bearings there is no need to allow for a long break in process. The moly rings should be seated hot for best performance. Always run the same pre-mix ratio you plan to run permanantly, as this will affect jetting. The heat cylces are a good time to verify your pilot and needle settings as well as check for leaks or other issues. Also remember to warm the bike in the same manner described before each ride to prevent cold seizure, especialy when running forged pistons.

-Brandon

I recommend 4 heat cycles lightly revving the engine untill it reaches operating temperature, 180 degrees +/-. This may take longer in lower ambient temperatures. Let it cool to room temperature between cycles. Once it has cooled down the 4th time, re-torque. Then run it as normal. I don't recommend allowing the bike to sit at idle any longer than to establish the pilot circuit is tuned properly. With roller bearings there is no need to allow for a long break in process. The moly rings should be seated hot for best performance. Always run the same pre-mix ratio you plan to run permanantly, as this will affect jetting. The heat cylces are a good time to verify your pilot and needle settings as well as check for leaks or other issues. Also remember to warm the bike in the same manner described before each ride to prevent cold seizure, especialy when running forged pistons.

-Brandon

Exactly how i broke mine in.