motor singing jingle bells to me and kick start is kicking back = /

The puller is only used on Motorcycle and ATV flywheels. If you don't want to wait for one shipped to you, try your local motorcycle shops.

If you can move the flywheel up and down, the crank bearings are REALLY bad. However, even if it won't move, crank bearings could be bad and all jammed up.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found 1 locally that I will be picking up in the morning, spinning the flywheel by hand is very easy.. I don't know if this is a tell tale that the crank bearings are still good??

Did the rivets on the flywheel loosen up? Did a screw fall out of the stator plate?

Yes, a rivet was laying in cover and i think a screw came out and the other was still in tab that was broken and laying in cover when i took it off.

Wait a minute. What? I just went back and looked at your pic. All the rivets are in the flywheel. Did you put the rivet back in and leave out that little tidbit of information about 10 posts ago? Or is the orphaned rivet from a previous flywheel disintegration that has been rattling around in there all this time?

Wait a minute. What? I just went back and looked at your pic. All the rivets are in the flywheel. Did you put the rivet back in and leave out that little tidbit of information about 10 posts ago? Or is the orphaned rivet from a previous flywheel disintegration that has been rattling around in there all this time?

That's why I keep asking. The pic it looks fine. OP pull the fly wheel, we will work from there.

I guess its starting to make sense now, the noise, and how things got wrecked! .. Iwill be picking up the puller in the morning before work like I said. Im curious how things are looking behind flywheel... I will be calling a few places local that woek on Banshees to see if they have a stator, and it looks like the timing plate as well since I think thats where the tab broke off( at least thats how it looks in Youtube vids)

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/mazdadna/CAM00149.jpg

Ok, so does this look familar to anyone? I noticed on the inside of flywheel it was nicked and looked like thats where the rivet head was tumbling around in. I couldnt find a stator nor timing plate local but found a package deal online for stator,plate,puller,and coil for 123$ shipped so that should be here by Wednesday( hopefully)

o im just hoping as well that this is it and no further damage was done

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/mazdadna/CAM00149.jpg

Ok, so does this look familar to anyone? I noticed on the inside of flywheel it was nicked and looked like thats where the rivet head was tumbling around in. I couldnt find a stator nor timing plate local but found a package deal online for stator,plate,puller,and coil for 123$ shipped so that should be here by Wednesday( hopefully)

o im just hoping as well that this is it and no further damage was done

Sooooo.... Are there any rivet heads missing on the inside of the flywheel? If so, the flywheels junk. Are the rivets loose? If so, the flywheels junk. Does the orphaned rivet exactly match the flywheel rivets? If so, and you don't have any missing rivets the you have to assume it was from a previous flywheel failure. Is the stator you're getting OEM Yamaha? If it's Ricky Stator, it's junk.