motor singing jingle bells to me and kick start is kicking back = /

like the title says, went out this past weekend riding. I heard a jingling sound before the bike cut off and wouldn't start back up. I tried to kick started a few times, and i felt the kick start kicking back to me??? at first I thought it was a fuel problem, so when I got home I took off and clean the carbs, put them back on, and try to kick start it again only to hear the jingling sound when the motor try to crank up. I've done a bit of searching in heaven can come up with anything, except for maybe acrank bearing ??

anyway they have the bike in my shop and I'm starting to tear it apart to pull out the motor, just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas? if I rebuild it I wanted to do a4 21 serval motor, but was also curious about the 4 mil motor E.C. Atv cells already built minus the carbs for 1500 bucks?? I'm assuming that is a short rod 4mil,and has a off brand 4mil crank?? I haven't called about it to ask questions yet, but have done a search to check on the feedback for EC ATV,which some ppl love em,others have had horrible expieriences with them... Any ideas on my rambling post?? Hope i dont get roasted for noob questions,lol. Thanks in advance fellas!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickup to i tried to take off the 17 mil bolt but i will need the tool to hold it from spinning. Also all the brass got tangled was just floating in cover, what would need replaced since that "pickup" or whatever it is got broken at tabs? the whole assembly?

Just hit it with an impact wrench. If you don't have an impact, people on here have used a strap tool, or a flat bar with 2 holes drilled in it and bolts in the holes to go into the holes in the flywheel.Make sure the bolts don't go too far in and hit the poles on the stator. I don't know if you can buy a good quality pickup coil. Might have to get a whole new stator.

Imapct is the easiest way to loosen and tighten that nut... Just be careful not to over tighten it, just a couple small burps w/the impact and it will be tight.

OK, soooooo.... If the flywheel doesn't just fall off, you may have much bigger problems. You need to figure out how the flywheel hit the pickup coil. Did the pickup coil come loose or are the crank bearings trashed? Do not try to remove the flywheel with anything other than a flywheel puller.

282a_35.JPG