Ignition cut out for shifting

Kendro

I tried to research this matter and I am aware that an override trany is the best for drag racing.  I wanted to know if anyone has had any luck with an ignition interupter on their banshee for shifting in drag races. Mull engineering has one and claims it is good alternate.

I tried to research this matter and I am aware that an override trany is the best for drag racing.  I wanted to know if anyone has had any luck with an ignition interupter on their banshee for shifting in drag races. Mull engineering has one and claims it is good alternate.

It depends on what you are using it for. We use it for our 5 & 6 gear shifts on asphalt. Some use it on all gears for asphalt. The times I have tried to use it on sand it didn't work. That could be that I didn't spend the time tuning it for sand. As with anything tuning is the key. Our set-up is adjustable in milliseconds & IMO works the best.

It depends on what you are using it for. We use it for our 5 & 6 gear shifts on asphalt. Some use it on all gears for asphalt. The times I have tried to use it on sand it didn't work. That could be that I didn't spend the time tuning it for sand. As with anything tuning is the key. Our set-up is adjustable in milliseconds & IMO works the best.

So you use an override for 1-4 and  5-6 you interrupt... or do you manually shift 1-4

What are you using to do this? Mull never released the box they have

I was debating on trying a manual interrupt by way of a push button. Has anyone out there done this with any success or is it a waist of time?  Maybe I should quit being a tight wad and just do an override.

So you use an override for 1-4 and  5-6 you interrupt... or do you manually shift 1-4

We use it for the 5 & 6 shift primarily, but it can be used on all the gears.

What are you using to do this? Mull never released the box they have

We use a Dyna shift counter/ignition kill.

I was debating on trying a manual interrupt by way of a push button. Has anyone out there done this with any success or is it a waist of time?  Maybe I should quit being a tight wad and just do an override.

You can use the above item, but it's not a plug & play deal. All we do is hit a button to kill the ignition at the same time as clicking the gear lever. It can also be tied into/with an air shifter.