elka front shock ( no pre load ? )

jscharphorn

I ended up turning the springs tighter for starters,  every 5 turns I would gain about 5/8" I ended up turning it 15 turns and gained 2" but now is it too stiff ?

The dial on the knobs is set at its highest point as well ( that is the way they came ) so what is a good starting point to set the knob at ?

I purchased these for either my rator 660 or my banshee, I do not have the a arms yet for my banshee so I put them on the raptor.

The a arms are alba arms and take ether a stock shock or a 17" shock, the stock length on a raptor is 15 3/4" and these shocks are 16 3/8" ( they were said to be 16.5 but I measure 16 3/8 )

I put them on the long travel side  of the raptors alba arms

Clearence on the quad with the stock shocks in the stock alba a arm location I had 12" under the center of the front of the frame, when I put these elka shocks on  the long travel set up it sat at 8.5 " and with the 15 turns it now sits at 10.5 "

The picture shows the shocks as I received them.

Yes elka said they are 04 shocks and were for long travel a arms but someone on the honda forum said they are standard if they are 16 3/8

I have been trying to get a hold of matt to see if he can make them work for me but maybe he is out of town ?

I got your messages. I'm going to PM you my cell phone number and you can call me on that whenever you get a chance.