Crank

04_blu_shee

Ive been runnin a stock crank in my 04 Banshee since it was new. In about 06 I scattered a junk cast piston in it so I had a Dune Port done to it. Trued and welded the crank and have been trail riding and drag racing it but now more drag racing it the last couple of years. Bike makes 70ish HP the crank bearings and Crank has never been miced or rebuilt. Am I living on barrowed time or is it time to either have the crank gone through or buy a Hot rod crank. Im going to tear it down and take a look at my Dunable Override to check forks springs etc. and I prolly should atleast rering and hone the Jugs. Let me know what direction I should go in.

deff have the crank inspected.  if all the bearings are getting slopy its probably cheaper to have a hot rods crank built up for drag racing..  BUT stockers done right hold up great.

duneables eat shift forks for breakfast....  if your going straight drag  just get a real override. 

if the motor needs re-rings deff need to inspect for wear in the cylinders and check your piston to wall clearance.  usually re ring and "hone" results in too much clearance, busted skirts, and an unhappy rider