YFZ 450R A-Arms

AxesOfEvil_96

Hey guys Ive got a chance to buy YFZ 450R a arms from a 2009 bike. Just the a arms for $100. I dont know what shape there in yet (havent recived a picture) but if there in good shape I think it would be a great buy. Now my question is : What would be better for a MX/ occasinal flat track Banshee. The YFZ 450 a arms (gullwing style) or the 450R (wide arc style) ?  I know some mounting modifications will be nescesary for these to work but it seems like a pretty good deal for only $100 if there nice. I think the 450R style would be great seeing how there a little longer so it would corner better too. Anybody ever mess with the 450R style before? I would love to know more about them. Thanks

There is a ton of information on here, but I think you are definitely biting off quite a project attempting to mount yfz450r a-arms on a banshee. #1, they would be WAY too long to be practical. The 2009 YFZ450R is 48.8 inches wide. Add 5 inches to the total width (front frame dimension) and you will be at roughly 53 inches wide. I noticed your banshee is a "trail beast", so the practicality of a 53" wide quad would be in question.

Among about a thousand other reasons the YFZ450 a-arm swap is sub-par to even a mediocre bolt-on aftermarket banshee setup, is you run into an issue with needing an odd length shock. From what I have found, is you will often times NOT be able to find a proper shock length to actually make the banshee sit at factory ride height.

Don't do it, buy stuff made for your bike, and do it right. You will spend twice as much to save a few bucks.