No Spark! OOHHH NOOO :(

Tony M

Hey guys

I was riding last saturday and my shee started to die like it was running out of gas( bwaaa... bwaaa...bwaao.o..o.....) Sounded just like that lol. I kicked alittle bit and it fired up then died the same way again. Eventually it wouldnt start.

At first i thought it was a fuel issue, either too much or not enough. Plugs were soaked with fuel but that was most likly cause of all the kicking over.

Last night i replaced the plugs, checked compression (150psi a hole) and turned off gas and kicked it over alot of times to get gas out if there was any AND i checked spark, and it was there at the time. Then i fired right up!! I let it warm up a bit and decided to take it for a quick spin, i hoped on kicked it in first and moved 2 feet then it died again... :( would not fire again. Then i just put it away for the night upset.

Tonight i checked the plugs again and looked over the carbs then checked the spark and i only saw one weak spark and couldnt get it to spark again. The headlights still work.

I dont know where to start, what could be wrong and what should i check/replace.

Thanks,

Tony

Just figured id add that the head lights work to eliminate some things being wrong. So the spark chooses when it wants to work. It quits then works again for a short time. Do ignition coil packs oftenly go bad?

Well this was dumb and had me puzzled for a while. I was riding saturday on the snow and ice, snow then got up into the radator and melted then water dripped on all my electrical connections and froze. The water build up was key ignition conection causing a bad connection making poor and here and there spark. I made a pig tail connection tomorrow ill soilder for more permanent conection.