Header/Pipe Heat Shield Wrap

jamebo

Recently purchased an '87 Banshee with a set of what I believe to be old school Bill's pipes. Problem is the right side pipe by the airbox area is close enough to the rear fender to melt the plastics. I just put new plastics on it, so I definitely don't want a hole burned through them.

Looking for a quick fix on this, maybe some header wrap from the local auto parts store. Has anybody here had this problem before and tried this stuff out with good results?

I'm using header wrap on mine and it works good. f.a.s.t racing sells some nice ones.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Cool, I was hoping it would work good. I'll swing by the auto parts store today and pick some up. I would order some from F.A.S.T., but looking to fix it today so I can get some ride time in. Thanks for the reply, man.

I believe they are on the correct sides. The left side is not as close to the plastics, not sure why the right side is though.. maybe a slight defect in the angle on the pipe.

Didn't make it to the parts store today, but definitely stopping by after work tomorrow.

That wrap looks clean on that pipe, Paulie. Glad to hear the good reviews on header wrap. I just dropped some coin on Maier plastics, and would hate to melt a hole through them, lol. Also added some replica 1987 Banshee graphics which were a real PITA to get right. I sure don't want to do all that again.