Help with deciding tire size

thekevin

I currently have 13t front, stock rear and 18" rear tires and this thing is terrible for trail riding, I hit the skid plate on everything.  The motor is a 4mil stroker with toomey t5 exhaust so I think I have enough motor for some larger tires.  I just trail ride this thing, no racing.  I currently have 19-6-10's in the front and 18-10-9's in the rear.  I don't want to buy new wheels, just tires but not sure what sizes.  I am thinking kenda kutters, kenda bearclaws, or the holeshot gncc's but I am open to ideas I just want a good all around trail tire that is tough.

i can't give any advice on specific tire, but i would get as tall a tire you can find, within reason.  i would say a 22-23" tire just for the simple reason of more ground clearance.  even a stock piped banshee would have plenty of power to turn them, especially with a 13t front sprocket.  some will disagree, but i always liked a taller tire for the trails.

no particular reason just what I got lol, I really don't notice a diffrence I may go up to a 23 front this year but the 22 in the rear alone gives plenty of clearance on the swingarm skid and the front is fine for me I also run chassis and a arm skids though too

Those do look pretty good.  I have a 3 month old 2012 Grizzly 700 EPS with 14" beadlocks and 26" big horns and 1.5mm shim mod.  The Banshee is just to fix my go fast need.

So is there a need to run 1 inch bigger in the front or can I run 22's front and back.