Clutch lever feels way too loose. New clutch line.

ric-ross1

I had to get me a new clutch cable since the one came with the bike was messed up so i install it and the marks line up with the cases maybe just a hair difference but when i pull the line it moves the push level assambly but the actual lever feels like a joke to me, way too soft and it doesnt come back 100% i have to actually bring it back.

thanks in advance, trying to ride my banshee for the first time since i got her not running.

sounds too me like your clutch pusher is backed off too far.  without the cable, the lever on the case should move 1/4-1/8" and has a spring on it that is pretty hard to push past, but do-able by hand for most.  then, attach/adjust the cable

if you are feeling at the pertch(bars), then yah, it's pretty soft to over-ride that case lever spring, but will get hard when you actually start moving the clutch out.  if you are pushing at the case, then it should put some fair denting in your thumb/finger.  i sometimes grab a screw-driver to push with, and i'm a heavy duty mechanic.  with the cable off, you should not be able to push it more than 1/4" from resting without adding leverage, like a big screw-driver, or prybar, etc.

cable lube is just as immportant as oil changes/greasing, and that goes the same for the carb cables.  do not hook the cable back up untill your clutch itself is in adjustment.  then, hook it up and line up the arrows