why baby why ?!

so your saying that when you start your bike it will stall out after about 10 seconds from a cold start?  Is this with you trying to blip the throttle to keep it running or just letting the bike try to struggle through itself?  And when you fire the bike and take it for a quick rip it will continue to stay running?  are you using the choke at all while you are trying to start it from cold?

so your saying that when you start your bike it will stall out after about 10 seconds from a cold start?  Is this with you trying to blip the throttle to keep it running or just letting the bike try to struggle through itself?  And when you fire the bike and take it for a quick rip it will continue to stay running?  are you using the choke at all while you are trying to start it from cold?

i use the choke to cold start it, them i close the choke and keep on holding the throttle a bit to keep it running, when i let go of the throttle is shuts off after few seconds ..... 

it doesnt strike me as a major concern that the motor stalls just after its been started and the choke has been shut off.  to be honest most bikes i have ever seen need a little throttle love when coming off of the choke.....especially if you are not keepin the choke on quite long enough.  i watched an old fart i used to know that would let his toys run on choke until you could just start to hear it struggle.....then he'd go to half-choke and blip the throttle......and wait til it just barely struggled......then off with the choke and blip it.  he swore by this routine and never had an issue with his bike....

also a FULL PROPPER heat up should be allowed before taking a bike out....

• 2 weeks later...

Did this just start over the last few weeks?  With the temp dropping quite a bit here it could be that you need to adjust the air screw in to give it a bit more fuel.  This would only apply if the bike still will not idle after being warm.  Normal temps should be around 190ish I would guess.

Adam