mud tires, ground clearance

hey all, just had some questions to run by you, i was riding this weekend and was very frustrated when i found myself getting hung up on my swing arm plate, now i am looking into getting some mud tires (22") and the 10 inch rims, now with this set up will i need to drop a tooth in the front sprocket and will this cause me to flip over back wards on the hill?? i know I'll lose some hp but its trail riding anyway, i need torque! thank you all

Just depends on your motor/prefrence. I run holeshot XCT 22" tires on both my banshees. My girls is a bolt on with a dune port and it rips just fine with 15/41 gearing. My serval runs 15/40 gearing with the same tire. Its what i like for trails. I dont think youll need to change stock gearing.

I think you'll be fine you should have to change the gearing but I think it will be a little doggie though but ya it's trail riding, it is what it is

I run 22" mud tires on my shee. When looking at them be sure to pick a set that is light weight and with some side bite.

For instance my Bearclaws are 18lbs each. Super grip super lights are basically the same tire but weight 14lbs each.

Mud tires have aggressive tread so they tend to slide around corners. Thats why you look for certain ones that offer side lugs to stop that.

hey all, just had some questions to run by you, i was riding this weekend and was very frustrated when i found myself getting hung up on my swing arm plate, now i am looking into getting some mud tires (22") and the 10 inch rims, now with this set up will i need to drop a tooth in the front sprocket and will this cause me to flip over back wards on the hill?? i know I'll lose some hp but its trail riding anyway, i need torque! thank you all

stay away from the mud tires. Just get a 22" trail type tire. I've had good luck with the Holeshot 22" XCT.

If your looking for a decent all around tire.. Look at the itp mudlites. They are pretty light,6ply, and ya can get the in 22's. not sure if they come in a 10" rim tho.. But they are very nice with decent all around traction! And yes, you might have to re gear the quad, they are a tall tire!