Crank is done, so thinking of a 4mil or hot rods?

ric-ross1

i took my banshee motor to my machine shop and they said that the crank is no good, they dont do the pressing crank or whatever it is but i had to get new rods, pistons either way so i might aswell just go ahead and get me a stroker kit and make the thing even faster =).

Now i searched and people go with 4 mil or hot rods so i guess it would be up to me but i have a question what would you guys recommend me? I have fmf pipes, stock jugs but i want to rebore little bigger since im getting a stroker kit,the engine is stock really but i would like to hear from the pros and experienced people. This wont be a race banshee so i dont want to spend and spend when i will ride it sometimes not all the time.

Depends on the money you want to spend, just bought a used 4 mil, new 795 pistons, used noss head with domes and am having it ported. I am at about 1300 dollars. Probably will need some more odds and ends, but alot to shell out at once. But Its a good time to do it if you have to take it all apart anyways:)

^ thanks, the thing is i want to get her running, the motor is at the machine shop getting worked on right now so i was thinking of getting a stroker kit and maybe 65mm pistons and keep the other parts stock with a cool head for the mean time since i can just get bigger carbs eventually.

thanks guys, yea the guy at the shop told me he is going to check if i can just hone them instead of going bigger, but asfar as the crank a trued and welded crank, with stock size pistons, cool head and stock carbs is good for sume fun?

whos your builder now??if its jus a corner mech or a stealership or your buddy 3rd cousin that had a shee in high school .lol..save yourself alot of time and headache's and jus sent the motor off to a site sponser or who your feeling comfy with .tell them what your looking for power wise.all done in 1 place that way when you get it back all you have to do is install and tune .easy peezy .....ive heard alot of good about redline. they has some impresive dyno sheets #'s for there 4mm or ss moters.check the dyno thread. goodluck

I'll recommend HJR for the port unless your decent with a dremmal...

I have done couple porting jobs and couple motors and they came out pretty good, ofcourse not perfect but power gains.

whos your builder now??if its jus a corner mech or a stealership or your buddy 3rd cousin that had a shee in high school .lol..save yourself alot of time and headache's and jus sent the motor off to a site sponser or who your feeling comfy with .tell them what your looking for power wise.all done in 1 place that way when you get it back all you have to do is install and tune .easy peezy .....ive heard alot of good about redline. they has some impresive dyno sheets #'s for there 4mm or ss moters.check the dyno thread. goodluck

hahaha thats true, i have experience with motors, and putting stuff together so i can do it, now i get the part about sending it out but i really dont have an extra 500+ dollars plus parts you know what im saying? it will be a fun banshee nothing over the top. Nice shee btw.