new to banshees need help from the veterans

209 banshee

whats up guys i jus purchased my first banshee ive been wanting one for a while now. its a 99 all stock except for toomey t5s. it was sitting for a good year and a half so it needs to be put to ride. i have a couple concerns and questions as well as looking for some parts. well first off right when i got it i test drove it and it feels like when u gas the throttle (it has a twist throttle which i hate) it tends to bog and not really catch the power. im pretty sure the carbs need some good cleaning and some new gas. i checked the compression on the pistons and i have 124psi on both pistons. is that normal for a banshee to have? also as i stated before the bike came with toomey t5s vut the right toomey header has a dent thats pushed in could that restrict my power? and also a couple things im looking for right off the bat is a good thumb throttle assembly with cable, extended A arms, and possibly some mint condition toomey t5s that are better than the ones on it. let me know thanks

Compression sounds about right, I hate twist throttles also lol, depends on where the dent is in the pipe and how bad of a dent it is... Welcome to HQ, hope your ready to spend some $$$ and haul ass

the dent is towards the back of the header going towards the back of the bike. and lol yes im ready to make it fast slowly lol

the dent is towards the back of the header going towards the back of the bike. and lol yes im ready to make it fast slowly lol

Right on, your probably ok with the pipe but hard to say for sure, you should post some good pics of the pipe in question. Also when you clean your carbs check and see what your jetting is

Right on, your probably ok with the pipe but hard to say for sure, you should post some good pics of the pipe in question. Also when you clean your carbs check and see what your jetting is

okay i will post what the jetting is and u guys can tell me if it needs to be changed

Welcome the HQ! You'll love this place! Now, when its at an idle and you hit the throttle does it bog down then rev up? And when it revs up and you let off the throttle does it stay reved up and come back to an idle slowly? If it Boggs at an idle when you hit it change your pilot jet, with a bigger one. And if it does the other thing the jets or something is kind of plugged. Just give the carbs a good cleaning and make sure your jets are not at the stock ones with the aftermarket exhaust you have.