picked up a frame with motor( new here need some help)

ric-ross1

hello there guys, i picked up a nice powercoted frame with a motor and all the plastics,gas tank,radiator, harness etc now im missing alot more things which im ordering or already have but i have couple questions about a few parts.

1-Will 97 Yamaha Banshee YFZ350 YFZ 350 Steering Stem Assembly fit any frame?? i got bill of sale but not tittle so dont know but the guy said it was 2003 if im not mistaken.

2-Will Yamaha Banshee A-arms and spindles fit any banshee frame? he said it was A frame since is the newer frame.

3-Are all the banshee swing arms the same? i mean do they all fit all year banshee frames?

thanks in advance.

Yes the steering stem would fit fine. if you are talking OEM a-arms then yes they will fit any frame. Also If the swingarm you are asking about it the OEM part then it will fit your frame. On the other hand aftermarket a-arms are made to fit any year but they might be for a specific set up. ask questions before buying a part. This goes for the swingarm as well, it will fit any year but it may end up to long to short or need more aftermarket parts to make it right.

heres my suggestions.

Steering stem, your fine, any year swaps around.

A arms, a arms will fit any a arm frame, only thing that is different throught the years was that there used to be J arms in the early years. i suggest since you dont have any to pick of a used set that is wider and better.

Swing arm, should fit any year, i would purchase a round house sing arm because the factory set up sucks dick

Yes the steering stem would fit fine. if you are talking OEM a-arms then yes they will fit any frame. Also If the swingarm you are asking about it the OEM part then it will fit your frame. On the other hand aftermarket a-arms are made to fit any year but they might be for a specific set up. ask questions before buying a part. This goes for the swingarm as well, it will fit any year but it may end up to long to short or need more aftermarket parts to make it right.

heres my suggestions.

Steering stem, your fine, any year swaps around.

A arms, a arms will fit any a arm frame, only thing that is different throught the years was that there used to be J arms in the early years. i suggest since you dont have any to pick of a used set that is wider and better.

Swing arm, should fit any year, i would purchase a round house sing arm because the factory set up sucks dick

Thanks alot guys, i just order those from ebay. got it last night and already have the motor apart and ordering new parts.

Wow! You didn't get much. I hope you realize it's going to cost you about $2,500 to piece that together, above whatever you paid for that.

i got more then just that i already have everything but rims and tires ,the rear brake assembly and work on that motor lol.

Edited by ricardo1

man... thats surely a weird looking shifter you got there.must be a custom jobie :cheers:

yea i said the same thing, should get the parts this week to put it all together just need a seat and waiting for the micrometer to check the bore and get me pistons for it etc.