Buying a new Banshee

eduhat

Yes sir that's the one.

I wouldn't buy it. There's definitely got to be better deals out there. You might have to step up to the $2500 to $2800 range, but you'll definitely end up spending less money in the long run.

The guy put his front shocks on upside down. Do you really trust anything he has to say?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would wait. that bike is not worth it imo. i just picked up a another shee for 850 with alot of extras. bike didnt run all that great when i first got it but had excellent compression, good spark and i knew it was just a air leak issue. didnt spend a dime since i had newish used intake boots from my other shee. swapped out the parts. boom bike started first kick and ran mint. the guy didnt know what he had but thats my gain :headbang: keep looking you will find a much better shee for the $ u were going to spend

That sounds like a deal to me!! I wish I could find one that cheap around here but I doubt it. I'm going to take some time and see what's available. Any other bikes on there you guys find any good? I really appreciate you guys helping me specially picking out the little things that I wouldn't notice!

That sounds like a deal to me!! I wish I could find one that cheap around here but I doubt it. I'm going to take some time and see what's available. Any other bikes on there you guys find any good? I really appreciate you guys helping me specially picking out the little things that I wouldn't notice!

How much money do you have to spend?

This one doesn't look bad and it actually comes with pipes!

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/for/3319553142.html

Take off the oversized gas tank and sell the old t5s and get some new fresh lookin ones and it'll be a pretty sick banshee

nailed it. Looks like it has some goodies too.

Troy

nailed it. Looks like it has some goodies too.

Troy

Exactly man, It looks like theres some rezzies for the shocks so aftermarket shocks possibly? Definietely some aftermarket a-arms, I see chrome steering stem too and lots of billet, swingarm skid plate, Frame does look a little rough though but you could always tear it down for a powdercoat. :cheers:

Edited by dunesovertrails

This one doesn't look bad and it actually comes with pipes!

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/for/3319553142.html

Take off the oversized gas tank and sell the old t5s and get some new fresh lookin ones and it'll be a pretty sick banshee

You should definitely go look at that one. Here are some of the goodies you can see in the crappy pics.

Ballpark new prices.

Antivibe steering stem $300

Billet stator cover $300

A arms $300+

shocks $300+

Billet intakes

V Force reeds

Stock carbs with TORS removed

The T5 pipes are rough but usable

Misc cascade billet pieces

Looks like it might have ASV levers

Nobody spends that kind of money on billet stator cover and steering stem without 1st spending money on other goodies.

Go buy it!!!!!

Edited by Starwriter

Buy one already modded, I bought a stock one that may have looked good and clean and had a first kick start, but had a 100 psi compression motor and a half ass thrown in crank seal. Not saying all buys are going to go the way mine did tho. Buying modded you will get all the goodies your going to want, at the previous owners expense. Think heavily discounted prices. :D And dont be afraid to throw out price negotiations for stuff you see is wrong. They may pass on your offer at the moment, but they may also email two days later saying they will take it. Dont ask me how I know.banghead

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/for/3319553142.html That thing is a steal. Jump on it before someone else does. Probably negotiate a little for the worn out tires.

He has been trying to sell it for awhile. He has listed it for as high as $3250. Some of his other listings give a lot more details. He even has the title. I am really surprised nobody has snatched this up. Call him up, tell him you have $2200 cash burning a hole in your pocket and you'll be there in an hour. Here's a link to his previous listings.

http://miami.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=20&subAreaID=&query=3701+banshee&catAbb=sss

He has been trying to sell it for awhile. He has listed it for as high as $3250. Some of his other listings give a lot more details. He even has the title. I am really surprised nobody has snatched this up. Call him up, tell him you have $2200 cash burning a hole in your pocket and you'll be there in an hour. Here's a link to his previous listings.

http://miami.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=20&subAreaID=&query=3701+banshee&catAbb=sss

That frame is nasty lookin but still a sick overall bike at a great price... Its got engine work too!