G FORCE AXLE

seabass

The nut on my new G Force/Tusk axle keeps coming loose. I did a little research and I think I have the damn thing on backwards. Is the nut supposed to be on the brake rotor side? I have it on the sprocket side. Is this on backwards or is it just that the nut sucks? Thanks in advance for any info.

Nut goes on sprocket side.

You tighten the nut with your hand so the sprocket hub has no side to side play and the axle turns without binding.

Then take the bolt out and load it up with a few good drops of blue lock tight and then tighten the shit outa the bolt so it pinch/locks it into place.

Mine has NEVER come loose after hard trail riding doing it that proper way.

Do it step by step and it will work fine, or you're doing it all wrong!

Now go kick it's ass seabass. 2014_whistling_and_rolling_eyes.gif

Honda is on the caliper side.....

Damn why so tight man, your bearings are binding like that i bet.

It just needs to be tight enough so that the sprocket and brake hub have no side to side play. Then do like i say with the bolt. You Will win.

I honestly dont know wht they even made it so you can put a wrench on it, it should just be round like the rest.

Lol. I tend to get paranoid shits going to come loose on me. I'll loosen it up. Now I'm wondering why they sell the axle wrench that I bought with it then.

if your nut is super greasy it will work loose....took mine off cleaned it with brake clean and it worked fine after that.

Edited by Rustynail

• 1 year later...

Which way does the indented washer face? Does the indention face the lock ring or the brake rotor?

If im thinking of the same thing you are,it will face outwards away from the carrier.

So, is the lock ring recessed in the washer? The diagram they sent with the axle sucks. I don't want to put it together wrong and have to tear all that crap apart again.

Take a pic of what your exactly doing. And I'll go look at mine. Haven't messed around with mine in a couple years.

Sent from my shed.

Ok, came up with a super easy way to install those aggravating locking rings in a matter of seconds. You will need a 2 foot piece of 1 1/4" PVC sch 40 pvc pipe and a rubber mallet. Go ahead and install everything, axle, sprocket, brake hub, and lock nut. Slip one or both locking rings on the axle. Next slip the pvc pipe over the axle, press it firmly against one of the locking clips and hit the end of the pvc pipe with the mallet. The locking clip will be instantly driven in place and the pvc pipe will not mar the finish. Then do the other side the same way.

FF571A22-1A2E-44F7-B361-B4AD148D5102_zps

359CDFE3-60E6-41CF-AADC-080A59316401_zps

A0FE8785-9447-4EE4-929E-FF1B9F8AB614_zps

A25F0192-43A8-4EC5-BA34-E0D2F8DBADC4_zps