New to yamahas and banshees and have learned a lot so far, but need help!

hrpuffin

First of all let me say I've learned a lot on this site in a very short time. Second let me say I'm very confused about some of the banshee components. I have had quads my whole life and was just given a 02 banshee that is in great shape, but no spark. I have got spark by replacing the stator and flywheel and unplugging the TORS system. What the hell is the point of the TORS, it's total JUNK! I now have to wait for an elimination kit before I can get it running. is the parking brake system junk too? Should it be eliminated?

I bought a 200w RMstator and flywheel system and now am concerned after some reading on this site that I wasted my money. The OEM stator and flywheel were corroded beyond what I felt was repairable. The stator did test ok, but was so rough and corroded I couldn't believe that it would work even though it tested ok. Am I setting myself up for disaster with the RM stator system? Do I need to just go OEM before I waste my time? The new system is installed and It seems to be working as it should at this point.

Should I get a twist throttle system or just an elimination system for the JUNK TORS system? Anything else I should eliminate? Thanks for your time and all the old info on this site.

defiantly eliminate the park break there big slopy and in the way, they always work there way loose to and dont hold it better of to leave it in gear vs setting that thing, looks way cleaner w/ out it and get a twist throttle bout to put that on my bike im building after riding all day at the dunes my thumb was dead! other stuff im not sure!

Welcome to the site, there is a wealth of information here.

As far as the tors, yes it is junk as well as the parking break and should be eliminated. The twist throttle however should be considered very

carefully. There have been many who swear by them as an improvement and others that would swear they tried to kill them. If you have never

had a twist throttle on a quad, I'm not sure you want to start your twist throttle experience on a Banshee.

Good luck.

Wayne

10th digit on the vin is the year, ive had good luck with RM stators personally on other shit besides banshees, but ive heard of a few others that have used them for banshee and they have been fine, probably the only brand i would use besides oem. and yea parking brake deal is easy.

Not a fan of aftermarket stators/flywheels... Seen several quit when least expected and several aftermarket flywheels come apart. : (

Tors removal kit is great, parking brake block off is good, this would be the time to install a timing plate....Check out our site for more ideas..