Banshee Prob & Questions

I just got a Banshee a few days ago that I traded for(dont know much about them "yet") and the guy I got it from has put a Toomey dual exhaust on it, Pro Design Cool Heads and he also said something about it having a dual carb on it and him changing it over to a single carb(be nice if somebody could give me some resoning for this??). Just the other day i had been riding it for a little while maybe an hour or so and cut it off for maybe 20 to 25 minutes, started it back up and let it sit and run for a minute or so and then went a short distance and raced my buddy on his quad, after leaving my buddy behind me i topped it out in 6th gear and as soon as i did let off and slowed to turn on a different road when i did it was still running and wouldn't do anything but bogg when giving it the gas, i pulled both spark plugs out and dipped them in gas and burnt it off, put them back in and it ran fine after. whats the resoning for this and is going to happen alot?????? Also another question, where the pipes connect to the heads you can see where like burnt oil in slowly coming out, is this a problem or just something that happens?? the guy i got it from said that that just means the fuel mixtures is fixed good??????? idk

Carb sync is a big deal on banshees. Researching and trial and error will help you. Banshees are very hands on. Can you post a video? Can you tell us about the jets that where changed when the toomies where installed. If you stick with us you will be a banshee master.

We need to know all mods done post pics if your not sure what is what.

Also what is your elevation. Did your plugs look rich? Can you do a plug chop test to see if your banshee is running good? Oily crap coming from pipes is semi normal. If you have the pipes off clean the oring and surfaces maybe replace oring and use hi temp rtv and that is all you can do. Congrats on owning the funiest quad ever.

i dont think i was running to rich bc the guy i got it from told me to run 2 ounces of oil to 1 gallon of gas but now im mixing 32:1,

now you might be running a bit leaner then anything since more oil means less gas that goes into your engine. i would do a plug chop and see what they look like. If you dont know how to do one there is a thread on here under jetting somewhere.

if its constantly dying or runs for like 20 minutes each time then dies make sure your fuel tank breather is not kinked and its getting air. make sure gas is coming out of the petcock at a steady stream. if its neither of those you might want to clean your carbs out good. could be gunk underneath the float seats

Edited by yamaha driver