Street Drag Banshee Suspension Question

CharleyWopp

Im building my first street drag banshee and right now all I have is a frame. My question is what are you guys using suspension wise to lower and hook up on the street? Ive seen some people using stock suspension in the rear with a lowering link and nice shocks up front. Is this a safe and dependable way to do so? If it helps the motor were building is a 10mil 535 cheetah. Thanks for any input!

Im building my first street drag banshee and right now all I have is a frame. My question is what are you guys using suspension wise to lower and hook up on the street? Ive seen some people using stock suspension in the rear with a lowering link and nice shocks up front. Is this a safe and dependable way to do so? If it helps the motor were building is a 10mil 535 cheetah. Thanks for any input!

Damn... You better post some pics of the build!

Damn... You better post some pics of the build!

I will be doing so also needing a lot of help since this being my first one and being as I only have a frame. The story behind it is my friend passed away last january and we found his frame he always wanted to do something with. So were building a bad mofo in memorial to him like he wouldve done with it. Theres not even footpegs on this thing so it will be a few month priocess. Frame is going to get powdercoated sometime this week

I have adjustable struts all the way around. 10-12 inches. I have the dog link on mine as of now but plan on getting rid of that to get rid of any unnecessary weight. When i remove dog link I will need to go shorter on the rear strut. if you are running a wheelie bar then u can do struts in front. if not then go with marvin shaws in case you 12 oclock it from the line.

I will be doing so also needing a lot of help since this being my first one and being as I only have a frame. The story behind it is my friend passed away last january and we found his frame he always wanted to do something with. So were building a bad mofo in memorial to him like he wouldve done with it. Theres not even footpegs on this thing so it will be a few month priocess. Frame is going to get powdercoated sometime this week

Ahh man im sorry to hear that but thats awesome to hear what your doing for a memorial of him! Whats your budget for the build and what color scheme are you going to go with?

B4 you PC your frame, check to make sure all your foot peg threads are good. Most of the time they are all fucked up. Better to fix it now then after its pc'd.

Yeah were going to be running a wheelie bar. Where were running it at hooks better then most tracks out here do.

Ahh man im sorry to hear that but thats awesome to hear what your doing for a memorial of him! Whats your budget for the build and what color scheme are you going to go with?

His favorite color was purple and black so swingarm and frame is purple black plastics with a purple airbrushed memorial for him in it purple anodized levers and such with black wheels. Thats all i have so far. Budget is pretty much endless since its pretty much the only thing we have left of him. We want something he would be proud of and at the same time crank out around 120hp roughly.

Oh man im glad you said something, ill check those footpeg threads out tomorrow

Yeah were going to be running a wheelie bar. Where were running it at hooks better then most tracks out here do.

His favorite color was purple and black so swingarm and frame is purple black plastics with a purple airbrushed memorial for him in it purple anodized levers and such with black wheels. Thats all i have so far. Budget is pretty much endless since its pretty much the only thing we have left of him. We want something he would be proud of and at the same time crank out around 120hp roughly.

Oh man im glad you said something, ill check those footpeg threads out tomorrow

also cut off unnecessary tabs like stock exhaust, air box, coolant bottle, stuff like that