Silver Lake Sand Dunes Sept 21-22-23

Anyone thinking of making the September 21-22-23 dunes trip? We're staying at the Sierra Sands hotel because the rates are 1/2 off that weekend. (We do love that Jacuzzi!)

We've got about a dozen people coming with us as well as a few site members that we are meeting up there.

Every year that weekend works out to be a nice low key weekend. Just enough people out there to mix it up with if you want to do some racing, but few enough that you'll feel like you have the place to yourself. I'll be bringing my dune/drag bike as well as my duner, but I'll be doing more dune riding than anything else.

Anyone looking to getting in some more dune riding before Fall is over and we start parking these machines?

I will be up there on that Saturday around noon. I'm thinking that I will get a room as well. Should be a good time.

We're at the Sierra Sands. If your thinking of staying there...just tell them that your with our group. (We've got 4 rooms so far I think.) It'll be a good time hanging out after the ride.

(We've got at least 5 ladies joining in the hot tub fun. This won't be a sausage fest.) :jesterlaugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Frank,

Ron (421alkybanshee) said he's going to drive up for the day on Saturday as log as he get's his top end back together. So our group of members is getting bigger. Is Mark coming with you?

Anyone else thinking of going to Silver Lake this coming weekend? (21-22-23)

I hope Ron gets his bike going. That always stinks to know about a trip, but not able to go. I'm in the process of putting new sprockets and chain on. The first sprockets that came in were the wrong ones.

No Mark is not able to make this trip. I'm trying to get him to buy a quad for himself. See you guys in a few days.

Well they called for nasty weather....and in the morning the radar showed reds and yellows over in Milwaukee so I was expecting we were going to be wet all day.......but other than a few little sprinkles 3-4 times over the day....it was blue skies and a strong breeze all day on Saturday.

Sorry you didn't get those parts correctly. We missed ya.

There is a 25% chance we might do a Silver Lake October trip....but it will be real "Last Minute." (Right now.....It's BADLANDS SEASON!!!!)

So if your interested in either....be ready. ;)